St. Xavier’s College of Management and Technology to host
Apply Now: Learn How to Use Digital Tools to
Improve Your Reporting
For the first time in Bihar, the International Center for Journalists (ICFJ), with the support of the U.S. Consulate Kolkata and the U.S. Department of State, will partner with St. Xavier’s College of Management and Technology, Patna to train local journalists and journalism students in Patna during a two-day workshop in Patna on June 20 – 21, 2016.
The program is open to:
- Mid-career journalists working at either English or vernacular-language media organizations in Patna (Bihar).
- Students currently studying journalism at a college or university.
- Applicants must be residents of Bihar in order to attend the workshop in Patna.
- Applicants should demonstrate experience in public interest reporting.
- Journalists, editors or producers employed by print, broadcast or online media are welcome to apply.
- Freelance journalists with a history of publication may also apply.
The program will bring together a panel of U.S. experts to train a total of 120 journalists on how to harness the power of digital tools in order to improve public service reporting. Topics that will be covered in the training program will include:
- journalism standards
- data-drive investigative reporting
- social media
- citizen journalism
- public interest storytelling
Participants will also be asked to highlight a community issue they would like to cover more effectively. They will use these ideas as a template during the sessions and will be encouraged to continue reporting on the story after the training session ends. Journalists will work with trainers during the workshops to create reporting projects that will incorporate both digital and citizen journalism practices. Participants will be put in touch with each other and the U.S. trainers via email and social media platforms to receive feedback on completing their individual projects.
Workshop in Patna: June 20 – 21, 2016
Click here for more information about the program.
Apply by May 22, 2016. Click here to apply now.